WILD BOAR VALLEY CHALLENGE 2017
Rules & Regulations (Please respect it so we can all enjoy the race)
- There are two categories at the WBVC 2017. “Wild Trophy” and “Challenge”.
- In the following text you can find all the relevant information for both categories. Rules apply for all vehicles, unless there is a specific mention of the class.
- VEHICLE MINIMAL TEHNICAL CONDITIONS
- Insurance and valid license plate and all regular main road equipment (lights, tail lights etc.).
- Proper ECE approved windshield. No plexi or window glass is allowed. Net is also allowed but not advisable.
- No leaks of oil or other fluids
- Roll cage (roll-bar). See min. proposition at 1-A
- NO portal axles allowed for CHALLENGE class, only for WILD TROPHY class
- Max tire size for CHALLENGE class is 35”, no size limit for WILD TROPHY class.
- No tractor, agricultural or HD working machine tires are allowed, only off-road tires with DOT or E label.
- Front and rear winch are obligatory for both classes. See min. proposition at 1-B
- The tire must be mud-terrain or similar, no all-terrain or street version are accepted
- NO „wheel chains“
- Spare tire
- Front and rear winch are obligatory for both categories
- Tree trunk protector strap, round one like rope is not allowed
- 9 meters of recovery straps MIN
- Front and rear tow hook or ring
- First aid box. See 1-C
- Fire extinguisher. See 1-D
- Seat belts. See 1-E
- Helmet & gloves. See 1-F
- Stairway (waffle boards) & anchor are allowed
- Tripmaster is obligatory
1-A The roll-bar is for your own safety. At least have one as original Wrangler have. Min technical proposition for a roll-bar are 1 solid arch, bent not welded, and that it has 2 supports welded in highest point by angle of min. 30 degrees. 4 solid fixed bedplate. Min. tube diameter 50mm. Please note that a proper rollcage is strongly advisable.
1-B Electric winch of max 9500lb must have 8mm (or more) wire or synthetic rope. Electric winches over this strength, hydraulic and PTO winches have to use at least 10mm wire or synthetic rope.
1-C First Aid-Box must comply with ECE norms or better
1-D Fire extinguisher of min. 2KG (May be 2 X 1 KG) but it has to be rechargable & tested.
1-E No 2 point seat belts allowed. At least 3 point (car use) or more.
1-F Helmet. No recreation helmet allowed. The helmet has to be ECE tested for auto-moto or regular traffic use.
There will be a serious check-in inspection before registration so please present all your equipment ready at start – VEHICLE WITHOUT THESE MINIMAL CONDITION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- RULES, REGULATIONS AND PENALTIES
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- The race will have 4-5 roadbooks and 2-3 daily special stages. Details can be found in the following text.
- 2-C No help is allowed to the race crew (pilot & navigator, in following text: crew) during the special stage.
- 2-D During the road book race, help is allowed only from other crews, but only from those who are still in the race.
- During the special test & road book:
- Both the driver & navigator must have the helmet on and fastened seat belts at all times. Except when they are not in the vehicle obviously.
- When using straps, cables or the winch itself in any other way – gloves are mandatory
- For each violation of the rules above the crew will be punished with 10 minutes of additional time. The “security penalty” penalty will be multiplied if done more than once.
- For lost or misplaced parts on the track (used as a help on a special stage), the crew will be punished with 5 minutes of additional time. Any garbage or waste thrown out of the vehicle will also result in a 5 minute punishment.
- Going over the finish line towing anything on the floor (as wire rope, straps or any other belongings) will be punished with 5 minutes. The winch rope or cable most be on drum both on the start and finish line.
- During the special stage (after the start or before the finish line), the winch wire or attached straps can be IN or ON the vehicle but not in the crews cockpit, this is once again a security penalty and will result in 10 minutes of additional time.
- The navigator can pass over the finish line outside of the vehicle, but stage time will be measured according to whatever passed the finish line second (navigator or the car itself).
- 15 minutes of additional time will be a penalty for each pin point, strap or marker tape teared down on special stages.
- Each special test will have a maximum pass time. We had problems with this in previous editions. PLEASE NOTE one thing. There is no official max time for roadbooks but try to understand the following example.
Example: If you start the roadbook at 9 AM and there is a total of 6 control points, and you finish only 2 control points by 4 PM, what is the point of continuing the daily roadbook? We advise everyone to be reasonable because we don’t want you to get lost in surrounding forests at 10 PM.
- These are the timing rules for the roadbook and/or other SS. Compared to the last crew that finished the daily roadbook (or any other stage):
- If a crew does not reach the start line of the roadbook (stage) – the total time of the roadbook will be 50% worse.
- If a crew starts the roadbook but receives unauthorized help (see 2-C and 2-D) – the total time of the roadbook will be 50% worse.
- If a crew starts the roadbook (stage), but doesn’t reach half the stage – total time will be 30% worse.
- If a crew reaches 50% of the roadbook (stage) – total time will be 20% worse.
- ALL these percents will be based on the total time of the last team that finished the roadbook.
- Before the start line of a stage, the crew can remove anything they don’t need from the car. They can not use that before the finish line – it will be classified as “help from outside”. Please see “vehicle minimal technical conditions”, some things can just not be removed.
- If a crew member is lost during the race, it can be replaced with another person.
- with another crew member who decided that they will not continue the race (but not with a crew member of a team that already successfully finished the challenge)
- other people can also replace the crew member, but only if the person is registered. The inscription can take place between stages, not during the stage or a roadbook.
- The replaced crew member has no rights to continue racing in any other crew.
- The crew with replaced members can not stay in the battle for awards. The crew will receive a cup, but the official award will go to the next best crew.
- If some crews or teams have a spare vehicle, they have to verify it by check-in inspection before the start of the race and make a technical inspection for it. Diverse crews can later use this vehicle as exchange vehicle but only once it is allowed to replace the main vehicle. After that it has to be driven to the finish of the challenge. Previous vehicle can not be used during the race anymore.
- If some vehicle gets seriously damaged during the Challenge, every referee has right to stop him in further driving and send him to repair the vehicle. After that kind of situation the vehicle will have to pass an emergency technical inspection which will be organized for this vehicle evening after or morning before the race day.
- The driver & navigator may exchange their place anytime during the challenge.
- The winner will be the crew with the best overall time summed together by every special stage on the Challenge.
- SPONSORS & ADVERTISING STICKERS
- The vehicles with doors need to keep them clean and free for Wild Boar Valley Challenge 2017 sponsors stickers.
- The vehicles without doors are pleased to keep their rear fenders and sides clean and free for Wild Boar Valley Challenge 2017 stickers.
- You may advertise your own sponsor on all other parts of your vehicle Thanks for understanding.
- VIOLATIONS WHICH BRING TO ELIMINATION FROM THE CHALLENGE
- Short cutting the track or arguing and offending the referees
- Crossing meadows or fields
- Not using the tree trunk protector
- Driving around on meadows and private properties
- Visually drunk drivers or those who use drugs during the challenge
- Oil leaks and not respecting rules of behavior in the camp